Thursday, March 05, 2009

7.3 pounds of one gorgeous chunk of curly Maple, this is. I bought it off eBay something like 5 years ago. At that time I had just made the first of my little ultra-high flutes and drones, and figured this would be a good piece to resaw for those. It's a hair over 15" long with each face being a hair over 5" wide...only the slightest of wane is the only 'flaw' I see, and that would disappear with the slightest of working.

And so it has sat inside a climate-controlled house ever since, and as much as I'd like to hang on to it until I get a shop built, this economy is having most of us look closely at what we really need and what can be sold to help pay bills. I took these pictures in preparation to list it on eBay, though as I write this I've not yet done it. Every time I look at these pictures I want to grip the wood a bit more tightly!

Just thought you'd like to see the pics of each side, rubbed with a little water to bring out the grain...and see for yourself why I'm having a hard time letting this one go...if I do....!

(click on pics to enlarge)










No comments: